These two workshops are for indie filmmakers–especially new directors and producers–that are working on films, TV projects, or trailers to get funding. The knowledge gained in these workshops can significantly raise the quality your visuals, and make your leads more attractive and your monsters thoroughly disgusting. The cost of the workshops should pay you back many times over in saved money and saved time on the set.
MAKE UP FOR DOCUMENTARIES AND DRAMATIC CHARACTERS
SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKE-UP FOR FILM AND TV
WORKSHOP DATE: Saturday, September 19th, 2009
Session 1 : Make Up for Documentaries and Dramatic Characters: Noon to 2:30 PM
Session 2. Special Effects Make-up for Film and Video: 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM
COST: $25 per session or $40 for both sessions.
WORKSHOP LOCATION: LAVAZONE 4134 Lancaster Avenue. Street parking and public transportation (trolley and bus) are very available.
CLICK TO VIEW LARGER MAP
Both workshops are taught by Lee Simms.
Lee Simms, a cosmetologist with over 20 years of experience, specializes in creating special makeup effects with very little to no money. She also specializes in prosthetic make-up, foamed gelatin, severed body parts and the airbrush. She’s worked on a number of indie movies including “Out of Control”, “Monkey Paw” and “With Honors”. Lee currently works regularly with Gary Miller and Jen Murphy at RDS Productions. They’ve produced the short “Another Drop of Blood” and the recently released “Wet Kiss”.
Your motion picture project may require many kinds of make up –aging, sickness, beauty, injury, covering or creating tattoos, or aliens, zombies, vampires, fantasy creatures, etc. With little or no dollars to spare you can:
1. Decide the budget for make up or special effects – including materials, artists, and make-up PAs.
2. Decide how to find an experienced make-up artist in Philly and how to train a PA quickly.
3. Decide how many make up people are needed on the set and what to pay them.
4. Decide how much time you should budget for prepping, making up, and clean up.
5. If you or a PA are doing this yourself learn where you can shop for the materials you need.
6. Learn how format (HD, film, video, etc) will affect some make-up decisions.
7. Learn how to cover tattoos or add them convincingly.
REGISTER HERE FOR EITHER OR BOTH WORKSHOPS.
Please enter in your name, phone number and email address. Then press the “Pay Now” button.
You will be given the option of paying either with PayPal or with a credit card. If you have any questions or problems please call 215-384-3508.